Love pumpkin spice lattes, but hate all the extra crap that’s in them? Then give this recipe from Mama Natural a try! Plus, you can make it in the comfort of your own home, and save money 🙂
- 1 shot of espresso or 4 oz. of very strong coffee
- 3/4 cup of milk of choice (blogger says it’s best with raw cow or coconut)
- 3 Tbsp organic pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp of real maple syrup
- 5 drops of stevia (or you can add another 1/2 Tbsp of maple syrup)
- 1/8 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice* (cinnamon, ginger, clove, nutmeg, cardamom)
- 1/8 tsp. of vanilla extract
- Pinch of coconut sugar for topping
* You can make your own pumpkin pie spice by mixing 50% cinnamon, 35% ginger/nutmeg, 10% clove, 5% cardamom
- If you don’t have an espresso maker, just concentrate your regular cup of Joe to 4 ounces of liquid. This will create a similar intensity of an espresso shot.
- Once you have your coffee ready, put in mixing glass and add your pumpkin, spices, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Use an immersion blender to whip together. If you don’t have one, use a regular blender.
- Meanwhile, add your stevia to your 1 cup of milk and heat with your espresso maker. If you don’t have a machine, you can put milk in a saucepan over a medium flame. Once the milk is simmering, remove and put in blender. Stir on high to create a nice foamy milk. Pour into a vessel and gently pound on the counter a few times. Let it sit for a minute and then use a spoon to separate the liquid from the foam of your milk. This will help you achieve the nice frothy top of a latte beverage.
- Pour into mug of choice and dust the top with a pinch of coconut sugar.