Here is the Paleo dessert recipe that I promised! It’s from A Tasty Love Story and it is perfect for fall, and the holidays.
- 3 sweet apples
- 100 g blackberries, frozen are fine
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar (alternatively brown sugar or sukrin gold)
- 1 knob of butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp cloves/all spice
- 1/8 tsp groung ginger
- 3/4 cup ground almonds (100 g)
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (alternatively brown sugar or sukrin gold)
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil or butter
- 1 egg, whisked
- Around 1/5 cup full fat coconut milk(50 ml)
- Preheat oven to 200 °C/ 400 °F. Cut apples on bite-sized chunks.
- You need to use an oven proof skillet about 20 cm in diameter.(You can alternatively use an normal skillet to sauté apples in and afterwards bake the cake in a pan) Melt butter and sugar on high heat and add the apples and spices. Sauté for 5 min until the apples are caramelized and slightly tender.
- Meanwhile make the batter. Mix almond flour with vanilla, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the egg, coconut oil and coconut milk.
- Place the blackberries among the apples in the skillet. Pour the batter on top if the fruit until it covers the surface. It is okay if there is small cracks where the fruit can release some moist.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 min. depending on your oven. The cake should be golden brown on the entire surface and the batter just set.
- Serve the cake while it is still a little warm with a dollop of yoghurt, whipped cream or splash of coconut milk – and maybe a few fresh black berries on top.. Enjoy.