So I used to think that cauliflower was just a tasteless vegetable, whose sole purpose was to get ranch or blue cheese dressing into my mouth. I was wrong! Cauliflower is a great source of vitamins C and K as well as B-6 and folate. It’s really pretty easy to incorporate cauliflower into your diet, especially as a sub for rice and white potatoes, and you can even use it to make low carb pizza crust. Kirbie Cravings has a great and super flavorful way to make cauliflower; use this dish as a side dish, appetizer, or even a main dish.
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into bite sized florets
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional, for garnish)
Bang bang sauce:
- 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce (I bought mine from an Asian grocery store. Make sure to buy the kind that is just sauce without chili seeds)
- 2 tsp hot sauce (I used sriracha)
- 1/4 cup light/low fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400F. Dip cauliflower pieces in egg and then roll in panko until fully coated and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You will need to use your fingers to press on the coating to help it to stick to the cauliflower bites. Repeat until all cauliflower is coated.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until coating is a dark golden brown and crunchy.
- While cauliflower is cooking, make the bang bang sauce. Add all ingredients into a small bowl and whisk until uniform and no mayonnaise lumps remain. Drizzle over finished cauliflower, reserving additional for dipping. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
To make recipe vegan, use vegan mayo, egg substitute, and agave nectar. If you don’t like cauliflower, you can make it Bang Bang Shrimp instead.