Try these yummy dessert cups from Paleo Newbie today!
Ingredients (makes 14-16 mini-cups):
- 1 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Lemon Custard & Jam (Filling)
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- About 1/2 cup of raspberry jam ( Use your favorite or make fresh with this easy recipe: Paleo Raspberry Jam )
- About 16 fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease bottom and sides of a mini-muffin pan.
- Combine all the cup ingredients above into a bowl and mix well by hand.
- Press into the bottom and sides of each well to form a cup.
- Bake unfilled cups 8-10 minutes, or until shells are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Next prepare the custard filling…
Lemon Custard & Jam
- Whisk the 3 eggs.
- Combine fresh lemon juice, eggs and raw honey in sauce pan over medium heat. Slowly add the coconut oil.
- Continue to stir. Watch closely. Once the lemon mixture starts to coat the back of your spoon it will start to turn into a custard. It will thicken quickly.
- When thickened, remove from heat and set aside.
- Place a 1/2 – 1 tsp of raspberry jam in the bottom of each cup.
- Next fill each to the top with lemon custard.
- Top with a fresh raspberry.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.