This meatless dish from Food Network is high protein and taste! You could even add some pepper Jack cheese for an extra zing.
Ingredients (4-6 servings):
For the Dressing:
- 1 small clove garlic
- Pinch salt, plus 2 teaspoons
- Juice 1 1/2 limes (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the Salad:
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 2 ears)
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small hass avocado, halved, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, leaves and stems
Make the dressing:
- Smash the garlic clove, sprinkle with a pinch of the salt, and, with the flat side of a large knife, mash and smear the mixture to a coarse paste.
- Whisk the garlic paste, lime juice, salt and chili powder together in a bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil, starting with a few drops and then adding the rest in a steady stream.
For the salad:
- Cook the corn, bell pepper, and onions in the olive oil until beginning to brown over medium-high heat in a skillet. Toss in the black beans and cook until warm.
- Add the dressing and toss to coat evenly. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and gently fold in the tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!