- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium white onion, diced (use less onion to cut carbs, if desired)
- Sea salt and pepper
- 8 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup chicken bone broth (buy here)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (organic heavy cream will also work)
- 2 eggs (pastured soy free are best)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a casserole pan with half the coconut oil and set aside.
- Steam the broccoli until just barely cooked and set aside, uncovered.
- In a sauce pan melt the coconut oil, brown the onions and season with salt and pepper. Add the mushrooms, saute until cooked and move the pan off the heat. Transfer the broccoli, mushroom, onions, and shredded chicken into the casserole pan distributing evenly.
- Mix the bone broth, coconut milk, eggs, nutmeg with a generous pinch of salt and pepper in a bowl with a whisk and pour it over the contents of the casserole dish. Make sure the mixture is spread evenly and all the contents are covered.
- Place the casserole in the oven and cook for 35 to 40 minutes until done in the middle. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!