Damn Delicious has a crazy easy recipe for a quick lo mein. If you are not vegan/vegetarian, you can add some meat to this as well.
- 8 ounces lo mein egg noodles (for vegan use spaghetti noodles)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cup snow peas
- 3 cups baby spinach
For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce, or more, to taste
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha, or more, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger and Sriracha; set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook lo mein egg noodles according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, bell pepper and carrot. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in snow peas and spinach until the spinach has wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in egg noodles and soy sauce mixture, and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!