BonAppetit has a great recipe for skirt or flatiron steak. Serve it with some seasonal veggies and maybe even a salad for a perfect summer supper.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 1 ½ pounds flatiron or skirt steak, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4 beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes, sliced ½” thick
- Toasted Spice Vinaigrette (recipe below)
Directions (can also prepare on the stove top):
- Prepare grill for medium-high heat. Rub steak with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill about 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Let cool 5 minutes before slicing against the grain.
- Serve steak on top of tomatoes with vinaigrette spooned over.
Toasted Sprice Vinaigrette
Ingredients (makes about 1.5 cups):
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toast coriander, cumin, and fennel seeds in a dry small skillet over medium heat, tossing, until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Let cool, then chop.
- Whisk with oil, vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Can be stored up to 4 days.