The Healthy Maven has a quick and easy recipe for shrimp that is perfect for those suppers after hectic days!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 scallions , chopped (white/light green parts and dark green divided)
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (deveined and shells removed)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 cups veggies of choice (original recipe used edamame and mushrooms)
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup fresh basil (chopped)
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup dry brown or black rice (cooked according to package instructions; can also use cauliflower rice)
- Thaw shrimp in cold water.
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add in garlic and white/light green scallions. Cook for 2-3 mins
- Add in spices and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add coconut milk, fish sauce, shrimp and veggies of choice.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Stir in basil, salt and pineapple.
- Serve over brown (or black) rice, and enjoy!