This week’s Meatless Monday post comes from Craving Something Healthy and it is a perfect recipe for the upcoming Labor Day weekend!
Ingredients (12 servings):
- 1 Tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/2 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced lengthwise
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 2 portabello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and sliced in half
- 1 pound of thin asparagus, tough ends snapped off
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice + zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- For the spice blend, mix all spices, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Wash and prepare vegetables as directed. Place vegetables in a very large mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss gently to coat with oil.
- Sprinkle spice mix over vegetables and gently toss and rub spice mix into vegetables. Let coated vegetables sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Working in batches as necessary, grill vegetables until tender and lightly charred on each side, about 8-10 minutes per batch.
- Let vegetables cool slightly, and then slice into serving pieces.
- For yogurt sauce, mix together Greek yogurt, lime juice, zest and scallions. Season with a pinch of salt if desired.
- Serve with yogurt sauce, and brown basmati rice if desired.