Sweet C’s Design has a quick and easy stir fry recipe that is perfect for 2, and great on busy nights. If you prefer, you can sub steak or shrimp (careful not to overcook the shrimp), or you could even add more veggies and leave out the meat all together!
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, fat trimmed off and diced into 2″ chunks
- 2 bell peppers
- 1½ cups broccoli florets
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- optional: ½ tsp chili powder
- Heat a large pan on medium high heat.
- Add oil and heat until shimmery, about 20 seconds.
- Add diced chicken, stir occasionally until lightly browned on all sides- about 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and broccoli and continue to cook until veggies are slightly browned and softened- about 10 minutes.
- Add spices and a little water to help coat the stir fry with the spices (about 2 tbsp- adjust as needed).
- Cook until water is completely absorbed.
- Remove and enjoy!