So I have been trying to post meals for 2 on Tuesday, but this salad from Paleogrubs actually makes 4 servings. You can eat it for supper one night and then pack it for lunch the next day!
- 2 cooked diced chicken breasts
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup carrots, julienned
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, sliced
- Sesame seeds, optional
For the vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- Dash of white pepper, optional
- Whisk together the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add the chicken, lettuce, red onion, carrots, scallions, and almonds to a large salad bowl. Drizzle with the sesame vinaigrette and gently toss to coat.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with sesame seeds if desired.