Try the Wicked Spatula’s twist on Caesar salad for a great light summer supper (or lunch)!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 2 large heads romaine lettuce (about 10-12 cups)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 anchovy fillets or heaping 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 egg
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Diced tomato
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- Sliced red onion
For the dressing
- In a blender combine all ingredients except for the oil. (can also use an immersion blender).
- Once combined pour in the oil, while blending, in a slow steady stream until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper and any additional lemon if needed.
- Set aside.
For the cajun shrimp
- In a medium bowl combine all of the spices.
- Peel and devein the shrimp and pat them dry. Toss the shrimp with the spices.
- Heat 3 Tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place the shrimp in the skillet in a single layer. Sear for 1 minutes until they begin to blacken.
- Flip and sear another minute or so until the are cooked through.
For the salad
- In a large bowl toss the chopped romaine with the dressing.
- Divide between 4 plates and top with shrimp and chosen toppings.
- Serve with an extra crack of black pepper.