I think that from now on, Thirsty Thursday is going to be a “thing” on here. If you are like me, you get tired of drinking water, but you don’t want to drink soft drinks either. This granita recipe from PaleOmg is sure to quench your thirst, and it doesn’t have all those weird soft drink ingredients.
Ingredients (6-8 servings):
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup maple sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cup diced seeded watermelon
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 5 mint leaves, roughly torn
- Place water, maple sugar, and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over medium heat and whisk until sugar has completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Place watermelon in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Then add the slightly cooled sugar mixture along with lemon zest, lemon juice, and mint leaves. Blend once more until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a 13×9 dish and into the freezer for 3+ hours or until set in the middle.
- Use a fork to scrape and shave into icy chunks.
- Serve immediately.