This dish from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen is fully of nutrients and taste! You don’t have to use roast garlic, you can saute it to save time (and to avoid heating up your kitchen as much).
Ingredients (serves 3):
- 1 lb. wild salmon
- 3 cups kale
- 1 head garlic*
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
Apple Fennel Salad
- 1 organic apple, peeled, cored, sliced or shaved
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced or shaved
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Roast garlic: Preheat oven to 400, cut off the top, place face up and drizzle with olive oil, cover with tin foil and roast for 30 minutes or until soft.**
- Lightly rub salmon with olive oil and sea salt, set aside.
- In a bowl combine shaved or sliced apple and fennel, pomegranate seeds, and apple cider vinegar- toss and set aside.
- Massage kale with olive oil.
- In a skillet heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil and garlic.
- Add in massaged kale and sauté until wilted, sprinkle with sea salt as desired.
- While cooking, place oven on broiler (high) and place salmon into the oven.
- Broil for 7-9 minutes based on size of your fish.
- Plate by placing kale down, salmon on top, and apple fennel salad to garnish.
*One head if you are roasting your garlic first, 2 cloves if you are just sautéing with garlic.
**You don’t have to use roasted garlic, you can simply sauté your kale with garlic while cooking.