This recipe from Paleo Grubs could be a side dish, or even a light meal all on it’s own!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 ½ cups full fat coconut milk
- 1 small serrano chili pepper, minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1 oz bacon, chopped
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Slice the sweet potatoes into about 1/8” thick slices.
- In a medium bowl combine the coconut milk, chili, salt and black pepper. In a 10” cast iron skillet or baking dish arrange the potatoes in even layer. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the coconut milk mixture . Repeat the process until you used all the potatoes and coconut milk mixture.
- Cover with an aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and continue cooking for 45 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat and cook the bacon until crisp.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven, top with bacon, chopped spring onions and a pinch of crushed black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!