Jay’s Baking Me Crazy has a recipe for healthy sloppy joes that can be made in about 30 minutes. If you aren’t avoiding breads, you can always serve these on sandwich buns. These are sure to be a hit with the whole family!
Ingredients (4-6 servings):
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 red pepper, or orange/green/yellow
- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound grassfed beef
- ¾ cup Paleo Whole30 Ketchup (or ketchup of choice if not following Whole30)
- ¼ cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce if not following Whole30)
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- Place the coconut oil in a large skillet.
- Dice up the red pepper and onion and sauté in the coconut oil over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes,
- until they start to soften and onions start to become translucent.
- Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder and stir in.
- Add the beef and break it up with a spatula. Cook until browned.
- Add ketchup, coconut aminos, and tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Let cook on low for at least 10 minutes. The longer it cooks the more the flavors will develop.
- Serve over zucchini noodles, a sweet potato, or just eat it out of a bowl!