In Sonnet’s Kitchen has something a little different for your breakfast. This makes 2-4 servings and takes less than 20 minutes to prepare and cook.
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, divided
- 2 medium sweet potatoes or yams, diced
- Sea salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 medium leek, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 eggs
- Black pepper to taste
- Add 2 Tbsp of coconut oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potatoes (or yams), along with a generous pinch of salt, cumin, and paprika. Cover the skillet with a tight-fitting lid and cook for about 5 minutes, tossing and flipping occasionally to ensure that all sides of the potatoes are browning and getting crisp.
- Add the leeks and garlic and cook for an additional 5 minutes, covered, tossing and flipping occasionally. The hash is done when the potatoes are cooked and crisp and leeks are soft.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan over medium heat, add the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil and crack the eggs directly into the pan. Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and cook 1 – 2 minutes, until the whites are set and the outer edges are just starting to curl up.
- Divide the hash between four plates and top with a fried egg. Add black pepper to taste, along with additional salt if desired, and serve hot.