This recipe from PaleOMG combines 2 of my favorite things, bacon and steak. I made have to make this soon….very soon.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 2 filet mignon
- 4 pieces of bacon
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Sir Kensington’s spicy brown mustard
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- goat cheese, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wrap each filet mignon with two pieces of bacon to cover all parts of the sides of filet mignon. Secure with toothpicks to help hold bacon in place.
- Sprinkle garlic powder, salt and pepper on the tops and bottoms of each filet mignon.
- Place a large saute pan over high heat. Once pan is hot, place each filet bacon side down on the pan. Cook the bacon on all sides. Once cooked, sear both top and bottom of the filet mignon for 2-3 minutes per side in the bacon fat, then place in oven and bake for 9-10 minutes for medium cooked.
- While the meat is in the oven, mix together mustard, honey, and orange juice.
- Top cooked filet mignon with goat cheese then pour sauce over each filet.
- Serve and enjoy!