Oh My Veggies has a pho recipe that can be prepped, cooked, and ready to serve in about 30 minutes!
Ingredients (4-6 servings):
- 64 ounces homemade or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, tough stems removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 14 ounces rice noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- 2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- Fresh cilantro, basil, lime wedges, hoisin sauce, and chili garlic sauce or sriracha for serving
- In a large pot, combine the vegetable broth, green onion, grated ginger, and salt. Bring to a full boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the broth is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for about 6 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the hoisin and sesame oil and cook until the sauce thickens and coats the mushrooms, about 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- Divide the rice noodles between four to six large bowls, then fill each bowl with the ginger broth. Add bean sprouts, sliced jalapeños, shiitake mushrooms, fresh basil, and cilantro and serve with lime wedges, hoisin, and chili garlic sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!