This is a great lunch to get you through the workday from The Skinny Fork. Of course, you could eat it as a supper as well. Prepare it at the beginning of the week, and you have your lunches for an entire week!
- 1 1/2 Lbs. Bonless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 16 Oz. Verde Salsa
- 15 Oz. Can Black Beans, ‘No Salt Added’ – Drained & Rinsed
- 1 C. Frozen Corn
- 4 Oz. Mild Green Chilies
- 1 Jalapeño, Seeded & Diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Tbsp. Cumin
- 1/2 Tsp. Dried Oregano
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 2 C. Brown Rice, Cooked
- 8 Oz. Fat Free Jalapeño Jack & Cheddar Cheese Blend, Shredded
- 1/2 C. Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
- Green Onions, Chopped
- Avocado, Sliced
- Plain Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- Pickled Jalapeño Slices
- Toss all of the verde chicken ingredients (NOT the book ingredients or optional toppings) into the slow cooker.
- Give it all a good stir.
- Secure the lid and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8 hours.
- Once done, lift the lid and remove the chicken.
- Shred the chicken. (with a mixer or with a couple of forks)
- Add the shredded chicken back into the crock pot.
- Stir the chicken.
- Build your bowls!
- Place about 1/2 c. cooked riced into each bowl. Top with 1/2 c. of the verde chicken mixture and sprinkle with 1 oz. cheese and some cilantro.
- Add any additional toppings.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Nutritional info (from original author, does not include optional ingredients):
- Servings: 9
- Size: 1 Prepared Bowl
- Calories: 257.3
- Fat: 1.8 g
- Carb: 31.1 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 24.8 g
- Sugar: 2.4 g
- Sodium: 898.9 mg